Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UFC - Aldo Vs McGregor
12-12-2015, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2015 03:29 AM by Dibble.)
UFC - Aldo Vs McGregor
Anyone else hyped up for this fight ? ... I really cant wait to watch this ... biggest fight of the year so far for me .. if not the decade !

As a martial artist / boxer (since age 7) and a huge fan of all things punchy , for want of a better word lol ... this has to be the biggest fight for the UFC in years ...

Jose Aldo epitomises a true champion imho , hes quiet , and lets his actions int e ring speak for him ... and they just cry out CHAMPION !! ... undefeated in 10 years , he is and has been the dominant force in the featherweight division

McGregor is the pretender to the throne , he is a fantastic fighter and brings a new edge to the division as well as to the UFC , unfortunatley he also brings his mouth lol but hey , like Muhammed Ali he can back up what up he says

But does he have enough to topple the champion ?

My heart says Aldo , but my head says McGregor so for me its one to sit back watch and enjoy ... Aldo is coming back from a long lay off which is a concern , im sure hes trained as hard as ever for this one , and probably then some , however there is no substitute for actually getting in the ring and fighting ... McGregor seems to be in the form of his life and comes here full of confidence

If Aldo can use his phenomonal leg kicks early on then i think he can wear down McGregor . but McGregor is fast , and uses his excellent distance/timing skills well and as a southpaw he could well catch him on the counter

But Aldo has been there done it and worn the belt , i think this is his 8th defence of the title im not sure .. and McGregor for all his talk and obvious talent hasnt and hes never been pressured or hurt , so if Aldo can dominate early and hurt him then i think he can win

He can also go to the ground , and if he does then for me theres only one outcome , an Aldo win , as a very good exponent of Brazilian Jui Jitsu then he will take him down and just ground and pound until stopped

The latter would be an option if hes on the backfoot or the fight hasnt finished early , as both like to trade

Whatever happens it should be one to sit back watch and enjoy .. and may the best man win , but i am hoping that the quiet man Jose Aldo can retain his belt .

Some good undercards as well specially Max Holloway and Chris Weidman who im looking forward to watching and i think both will win .

.Millwall - We Fear No Foe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2015, 05:07 AM
RE: UFC - Aldo Vs McGregor
(12-12-2015 03:22 AM)Dibble Wrote:  Some good undercards as well specially Max Holloway and Chris Weidman who im looking forward to watching and i think both will win .

Holloway wins by unanimous decision Thumbs

Come on Weidman Icon_smile

14-12-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: UFC - Aldo Vs McGregor
Well Weidman lost and the Aldo / McGregor fight was an anti climax to say the least with Aldo being Kod after 15 secs !!

Unbelievable how he launched one and left himself unguarded and open , he deserved to get punished if im honest

roll on the re match