Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CHELTS 2015 COMP - RULES
08-03-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 02:12 PM by Ryor.)
CHELTS 2015 COMP - RULES
CHELTS 2015 COMP RULES

1. Players must play in a minimum of 10 races during the festival. There is no maximum, you can play every race on every day if you wish.

2. Permitted bets are singles either win or e/w.
Dutching or hedging in any race up to a max of 3 horses per race are both permitted if clearly stated as such, but NOT forecasts, tricasts, or other multis (lord knows it's hard enough to find single winners anyway, so this streamlining could be helpful to our wallets!)

3. Permitted stakes are 1 pt or 2 pt win; 0.5 pt or 1 pt e/w;

4. Results to official SP. Where bookies have taken a 'double result' (fpp and official) that will also be acceptable for the comp. For pure ease of totting up, all returns should be calculated using 1/4 odds for the conventional 2, 3 or 4 placers, no matter if the SP is 1/5th, and excluding any extra bookie place offers. This should also help redress the normally lower prices for SP when in reality a bigger price would have been taken before the off.

5. All players must tot up & show their previous day's P/L before entering any further selections on subsequent days.

6. Each player's selections for each day MUST be posted up by the advertised off-time of the first race they've picked in. eg first day race 1 - 1.30 is OK, 1.31 is not even if the actual start is delayed.

7. THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL - do NOT edit your posts after the off-time of your first race, or your selections for that day will be void if you have made any profit. If you have made a loss however, that loss will count and be carried forward (tho I can't believe that anyone on here would go in for deliberate jiggery pokery). Post results and p/l in a supplementary post on your thread.

8. The winner will be the player who has acquired the most virtual ££ over the course of the 4-day Festival, and will receive mmccull's offer of 2 complimentary tickets to Wetherby on 21st March (thanks Mark).

The sharp-eyed amongst you who participated or watched in previous years will have spotted that permitted bet-types and staking have been narrowed in the interests of simplicity. Any questions, or flaws spotted, please let me know! Thanks, esp to Sundy, and please sign up in the designated thread if you'd like to enter Thumbs
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: CHELTS 2015 COMP - RULES
Quote:8. The winner will be the player who has acquired the most virtual ££ over the course of the 4-day Festival, and will receive mmccull's offer of 2 complimentary tickets to Wetherby on 21st March (thanks Mark).

Just to clarify something - It would be well within the rules to specify that any selections include the rule "stop at a winner" provided that, overall, a minimum of 10 races were covered during the festival?

I would suggest, though, that if this was stipulated by any competitor then:
1. It has to be stated at the outset and can't be retro-fitted.
2. If, at the end of the festival less then 10 races were included then the result does not qualify.

Is that acceptable to everybody?
09-03-2015, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2015 02:18 PM by Ryor.)
(09-03-2015 10:02 AM)Kino Wrote:  
Quote:8. The winner will be the player who has acquired the most virtual ££ over the course of the 4-day Festival, and will receive mmccull's offer of 2 complimentary tickets to Wetherby on 21st March (thanks Mark).

Just to clarify something - It would be well within the rules to specify that any selections include the rule "stop at a winner" provided that, overall, a minimum of 10 races were covered during the festival?

I would suggest, though, that if this was stipulated by any competitor then:
1. It has to be stated at the outset and can't be retro-fitted.
2. If, at the end of the festival less then 10 races were included then the result does not qualify.

Is that acceptable to everybody?

Sorry Kino but I think that's an unnecessary complication. If people only want to play in the minimum 10 races, they should just play them without comment, and then not post any more selections in any further races, the end! It didn't occur to me that people might do SAW on a daily basis, that is NOT within comp rules and therefore not permitted, but I appreciate your highlighting what could have been a potential problem, thanks.

I am having terrible PC, connectivity and site hosting problems, didn't have any time in first place, so am getting grumpier by the minute!!

For pure ease of totting up, will add further sub-rule re placers that all returns should be calculated using 1/4 odds for the conventional 2, 3 or 4 placers, no matter if the SP is 1/5th, and excluding any extra bookie place offers. This should also help redress the normally lower prices for SP when in reality a bigger price would have been taken before the off.
09-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Quote:Sorry Kino but I think that's an unnecessary complication
It probably is. I was thinking more of those who, like me, don't have the opportunity to watch the Festival live and may post all the selections in the morning of the races and want the option to stop at a winner.
But I don't want to make it any more complicated than it needs to be!
09-03-2015, 02:24 PM
(09-03-2015 02:17 PM)Kino Wrote:  
Quote:Sorry Kino but I think that's an unnecessary complication
It probably is. I was thinking more of those who, like me, don't have the opportunity to watch the Festival live and may post all the selections in the morning of the races and want the option to stop at a winner.
But I don't want to make it any more complicated than it needs to be!

No problem and thanks for pointing this out Kino - pls see my edited first response - it's always good to have rules firmly nailed and clarified before the start! I'm just having terrible PC/internet problems which take hours that I don't have and make me grumpy at best of times, never mind at this crucial time!
Thread Closed