Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
WELCOME everybody!
14-07-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: WELCOME everybody!
Hi to all, I hope to be able(with my limited knowledge) to be able to contribute something of worth here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Welcome aboard Scar, all contributions welcome Thumbs
17-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to start by thanking you for inviting me aboard and tell you a little about myself.

My nickname, swedish chef(Muppets) was affectionately given to me by the London County darts team after helping them get sponsored and finding them a new venue many years ago. I was doing the cooking for a couple hundred people over the weekend at their home games.

I belong to a syndicate called C W Racing club and we own a horse called Simpson Milar with trainer Noel Wilson, we also leased out a horse called Red Skipper until he was sold.

I'm good friends with John Manley and family, owner of Dick Turpin, Trumpet Major and a few others.

I first got into racing after backing Hello Dandy antepost at 33/1 for the Grand National and have had the bug ever since. I personally prefer the jumps to the flat because a lot of the horses become, like, old friends and form is easier to follow.

I look forward to reading all the threads and getting involved, hopefully in a profitable way for all.

Kind regards,

David.
17-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Swedish Chef - nice to have another 'jumps' member onboard. My preference also.

We are a friendly bunch and no shame in posting losers as well as winners. That's all part and parcel of the game.

Hope you enjoy being on here. Plenty of excellent stuff posted on a daily basis.

Good luck and look forward to reading your posts.

TB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks Ryor for arranging my registration to the forum Icon_smile

I've been interested in racing for many years now, preferring NH to the flat. I like the fact that NH horses tend to stay in training for many years and can become like old friends. Saying that, have just watched Frankel blow away the opposition, so the flat boys rightly have their heroes too Easy

Have been having a quick look around the site and am impressed. Really like the fact that all postings are intelligent and lack the rants and raves of idiots talking through their pockets as on other sites.

I'm a West Midlands guy, who is a Cheltenham member and frequent most of the local jumping tracks. Would be good to meet up with other forum members at a meeting at some stage.

I will look to contribute regularly.

CheersBeer

Gerry
22-08-2012, 05:10 PM
welcome aboard gerry hope you enjoy the forum
tez
30-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Good to see you here Andy, welcome aboard, and look forward to your contribs Thumbs
25-10-2012, 10:41 PM
First Post
I have joined the forum today and I hope to be able to make a useful contribution. My main interest is in jumps racing and I have couple of horses in training. I follow one particular yard and I hope to be able to give some guidance on the chances of horses declared to run from that yard. Mostly it will be my own opinion but sometimes I hope it will be a bit more inspired. Occasionally I get some advice from a friend about another yard and her views are generally much more shrewd than mine. I tend to be looking for long priced winners or long priced placed horses so often my advice will be to bet 'place' or 'e/w'

I will probably have views on Saturday's racing at Chepstow.

David
26-10-2012, 10:06 PM
welcome davidw hope you enjoy the forum
tez
24-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi all, been really interested in horse racing only the past 2 years, so still learning. Read lots and lots of books and love how you can come at a race from so many angles. Got a mind that loves stats and always on the internet sourcing info and this site feels like I've arrived at the pearly gates Thumbs. Don't seem to do that well over jumps as haven't got my head round that format yet, but I do like picking horses based on speed ratings and breeding which I did ok at this year. I don't like backing favourites either. This year I turned a 25 quid starting bank into 8 grand just backing singles with 5% staking plan. Have had a few nearly landed massive multi's missed 70k by one selection off 5p ew 6 fold, (first 5 came in) and missed 14k off 2.50 ew 4fold banked over a grand each time though which was a nice sweetner. Hope to learn more (especially VDW which I find intriguing and laying horses which I still don't naturally like) as I go and I'm looking to get to know the regulars here without the usual internet bollocks.
31-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Have just joined and very pleased to be a member. My thanks to Ryor. I'm something of a newbie in the racing world but hope I can make a good contribution
03-01-2013, 11:28 AM
welcome aboard Peterk and hope you enjoy this very freindly forum
tez
23-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi everyone thanks for letting me join.
I am a big jumps racing fan (not that there has been alot lately) counting down the days until the festival now.
27-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Hello everybody. I have just join the forum, so my thanks go to all for letting me in,special thanks to Ryor. I m using betfair about 4 yrs I m new in horseracing but I m quick learner so I hope to contribute something useful to all of us.
27-03-2013, 03:31 PM
Welcome aboard Cardinal, hope you have fun here and make a bit of money too Thumbs
29-03-2013, 09:13 AM
welcome to this v.friendly forum Cardinal and g.luck with your betting
tez
13-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Wink RE: WELCOME everybody!
Dessie
Hi All,
Just joined the forum today and look forward to some rewarding times and hope to come up with a few winners.
Got interested in horse racing after a visit to Wetherby on a very cold Boxing Day back in the 80's with our family. As usual, no winners, but had a great day and been pretty much hooked ever since!
John
14-04-2013, 12:22 AM
welcome aboard geogooners Thumbs

Is a geo-gooner a) one called george b) one that liked George Graham c) one that subscribes to the National Geographic d)one that likes the subject of geography e) none of those things?

Just curious!
14-04-2013, 06:26 AM
(14-04-2013 12:22 AM)Ryor Wrote:  welcome aboard geogooners Thumbs

Is a geo-gooner a) one called george b) one that liked George Graham c) one that subscribes to the National Geographic d)one that likes the subject of geography e) none of those things?

Just curious!

None of those things I'm afraid but there is a connection with George Graham.
Geogooners is derived from Geocaching and Arsenal. Geocaching is using a GPS to locate various sized items or just special places around the world. I think there are close to 2 million geocaches and rising - for more info visit geocaching.com.
The 'gooner' part is a nickname for those supporters who follow Arsenal and there lies the connection with George Graham who played and managed the best London team!
John
14-04-2013, 10:27 AM
better than Chelsea Thumbs Icon_wink
Cheers for the info!
14-04-2013, 02:13 PM
welcome aboard Geogooner hope you enjoy this great forum
tez
25-04-2013, 08:02 AM
hi thanx for letting me in .....Thumbs
im just down the road from sedgefield race course so i can help with weather reports on the day racing is on
unfortunately im quite a novice when it comes to horses but love the grand national cheltenham festival etc
i have a great admiration for those tipsters that can unravel the puzzle of finding a winner ...:easy
cheers Beer
25-04-2013, 10:53 AM
good stuff Chippy, welcome aboard and to joining us on trying to unravel that puzzle Thumbs
Weather reports from Sedgefield would certainly be appreciated too Sunny
25-04-2013, 12:23 PM
(25-04-2013 08:02 AM)chippy675 Wrote:  hi thanx for letting me in .....Thumbs
im just down the road from sedgefield race course so i can help with weather reports on the day racing is on
unfortunately im quite a novice when it comes to horses but love the grand national cheltenham festival etc
i have a great admiration for those tipsters that can unravel the puzzle of finding a winner ...:easy
cheers Beer

Hi Chippy,
Welcome from another newbie. Good Luck!
22-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Hello All,

just new to the forum and to introduce myself ! I'm not a big gambler in any way or profess to know a lot in anyway, probably prefer the jumps if the truth be told. On the odd occasion do get some craic off 'people in the know' through my line of work (which has nothing to do with horse racing) which i will duly post whenever i receive. Many thanks and good luck to all !

wheatley
22-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Anyootoo Wheatley, good luck and a warm welcome aboard Thumbs
22-06-2013, 11:20 PM
people in the know...lookin forward to it ....welcome
12-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi all......Icon_biggrin looking forward to being apart of this siteicon_pidu
12-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Best of luck Slaps !
12-07-2013, 10:13 PM
seems some names from other sight that I no good luck all to bashing them bookie chaps