Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Dibs Boxing / MMA Thread
24-11-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Dibs Boxing / MMA Thread
Saturday 25th November - Sergey Kovalev v Vyacheslav Sharbranskyy

Former world light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-2-1 , 26 KOs) is up against the big punching Vyacheslav Sharbranskyy (19-1 , 16 KOs) for the WBO and IBA light heavyweight titles. Both can pack a helluva punch so i'm expecting , well hoping anyway , where plenty of heavy shots are thrown and traded. Sharbranskyys only loss came against the very decent Cuban Sullivan Barrera (whose sole defeat has come against the unbeaten Andre Ward) who knocked him out in the 7th round , whilst Kovalev's brace of defeats came against Andre Ward on both occasions , both of these fights /decisions were somewhat contraversial , especially the first one where alot of people thought Kovalev should of walked away the winner. This is a difficult bout to weigh up if im honest , i can see Sharbranskyy trying to pressure Kovalev and swamping him with body shots but Kovalev is an old hand and as shrewd as they come , he's been there , seen it and done it and he'll be waiting for the openings to appear before unleashing shots of his own. I think , at the end of the day , Kovalevs experience will see him through this and i think he's by far the better boxer out of the two but Sharbranskyy does possess power and if he manages to catch Kovalev clean then it could well be all over , although the same could be said of Kovalev who has some serious punching power of his ownand if Sharbranskyy gets abit sloppy or frustrated with how the fights going then it could well finish with him being counted out. As i say this one should be a good fight but i think Kovalev will come out on top.
Selection - Sergey Kovalev
Bet - Sergey Kovalev by stoppage

.Millwall - We Fear No Foe
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Saturday 2nd December - Miguel Cotto v Sadam Ali

Well this is going to be the final fight of Miguel Cotto's (41-5 , 33 Kos) illustrious career , he's the current WBO light middleweight champion and is the best boxer to come out of Puerto Rico , official ! In his career he has won 6 world titles and has won world titles in 4 different weight categories and he's up against the current WBA international welterweight champion Sadam Ali (24-1 , 14 KOs) and whilst Ali is a decent enough boxer i really do think he's out of his depth here. Cotto , despite not being the force of old , will just be too strong and powerful for him in my opinion and i can only see one outcome and that Cotto ending his career on a winning note.
Selection - Miguel Cotto
Bet - Miguel Cotto by stoppage

24-11-2017, 12:43 PM
To Date

22/9 - Ramirez v Hart . Selection - Ramirez Thumbs / Bet Thumbs
22/9 - Valdez v Servania . Selection - Valdez Thumbs / Bet Icon_frown
23/9 - Parker v Fury . Selection - Parker Thumbs / Bet Icon_frown
23/9 - Dorticus v Kudryashov . Selection - Dorticus Thumbs / Bet Thumbs
23/9 - Linares v Campbell . Selection - Linares Thumbs / Bet Thumbs
30/9 - Briedis v Perez. Selection - Briedis Thumbs / Bet Icon_frown
7/10 - Eubank Jnr v Yildirim. Selection - Eubank Jnr Thumbs / Bet Icon_frown
7/10 - Crolla v Burns . Selection - Crolla Thumbs / Bet Thumbs
4/11 - Bisping v St Pierre . Selection - Bisping Icon_frown / Bet Icon_frown
25/11 - Kovlalev v Sharbranskyy . Selection - Kovalev / Bet
2/12 - Cotto v Ali . Selection - Cotto / Bet

24-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Saturday 16th December - Billy Joe Saunders v David Lemieux

The unbeaten BJ Saunders (25-0 , 12 KOs) is putting his WBO middleweight belt on the line against the hard hitting Canadian David Lemieux (38-3 , 33 KOs) in what should be a cracking fight if they both arrive fit and well. Saunders will be coming into this feeling good after retaining his title in September when claiming the scalp of the decent Willie Monroe Jnr by unanimous decision , for me that was one of the best displays of Saunders career to date , if not the best. But he will have to be on the ball against Lemieux who hasnt lost since October 2015 when he was beaten by Gennady Golovkin (no shame in that loss !). Two added factors which could count against Saunders is the fact that he's taking Lemieux on is his own backyard of Quebec and that this will be the first time that he's boxed outside of the UK , hopefully it wont matter but the crowd can play a big part if you let it get to you mentally so i'm hoping that Saunders stays focussed and remains switched on. Both boxers are attack minded , Saunders throws terrific combinations , has good movement and a tight defence whereas Lemieux has power in both fists and a devastating left hook , he'll be looking to open Saunders up so he can land that knock out punch. This could really go either way , if Saunders possesses more punching power then i would side with him to retain the title but as it is i think Lemieux could walk away the new champion , he's on home turf , has the crowd behind him and this will be all new for Saunders and Lemieux can end the fight early if he connects cleanly. I wouldnt write Saunders off as he's a class boxer and its a close call for me but i think things look in Lemieux's favour and he just edges it for me.
Selection - David Lemieux
Bet - Fight to go the distance

24-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Saturday 9th December - Vasyl Lomachenko v Guillermo Rigondeaux

This is a mouthwatering bout for most , if not all , true boxing fans , between two of the most gifted and talented boxers out there at the moment. Between them the pair have won 4 olympic gold medalsand are without doubt two of the best amateurs ever to grace the ring. Ukranian Lomachenko's amateur record reads 396-1 whilst Cuban Rigondeaux' is 475 - 12 , they're some records !! And since turning professional both have impressed and made an impact in their respective weight catagories. Rigondeaux (17-0 , 11 KOs) is the current WBA super bantamweight champion and is moving up 2 weight divisions to take this fight , whilst Lomachencko (9-1 , 7 KOs) will be defending his WBO junior lightweight world title. Both have made great starts to their pro careers , Rigondeaux beat Noriega by a 2nd round TKO on his debut and took the vacant WBA interim super bantamweight in his 7th bout , beating Ricardo Cordoba , he then won the WBA (regular) super bantamweight title in only his 9th fight , along the way he has also won and retained the WBO , The Ring and lineal super bantamweight titles plus the WBC silver international super bantamweight belt .. Lomachenko has made an equally impressive start to his pro career , knocking out Jose Ramirez in the 4th round of his debut fight , and in only his second pro fight attempted to win the WBO featherweight title and despite a valiant effort lost by a split decision to Orlando Salido. He made no mistakes in his 3rd fight however when beating Gary Russell by a majority decision to take home the WBO featherweight title , he also won the WBO junior lightweight belt in his 7th fight , so as you can see both are very good boxers. I really rate both of them if im being honest , however i would have to side with Lomachenko on this occasion mainly because of the fact that Rigondeaux has had to go up in weight and that for me could well be the telling factor in this bout. Both have great hand speed , timing and accuracy with the Cuban known as an excellent counter puncher and being very hard to hit , whilst Lomachecko has superb footwork and good solid power to his shots. This is all set to be a visual feast for boxing officianados and no true boxing fan will want to miss this one , given their talent and backgrounds either could win but for the reasons given i'm going to side with Lomachencko this time.
Selection - Vasyl Lomachencko
Bet - Vasyl Lomachecko by stoppage

24-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Saturday 20th January 2018 - Errol Spence v Lamont Peterson

This looks like a decent fight to start the new year with , unbeaten Errol Spence (22-0 , 19 KOs) defends his IBF welterweight title against Lamont Peterson (35-3-1 , 17 KOs) and like i said should be a good fight to watch. Spence won the belt in May of this year , stopping Kell Brook in the 11th round. For me Spence is one the best welterweights out there today. He has tremendous power in either hand , and he picks his shots well , he works the body mercilessly and just wears his opponents down. He's not just a puncher though , he's a busy fighter with a good boxing brain and has a solid defence from what i've seen so far. Peterson hasnt lost since 2015 when he was beaten by the decent Danny Garcia , and though on paper this may look one sided it isnt as Peterson is a more than capable fighter , he throws some very good combinations and has excellent footwork and very fast hands and he has decent punching power of his own and can certainly take a punch. As i say should be a good fight to watch but i can only see one outcome here and thats Errol Spence maintaining his unbeaten record and his belt.
Selection - Errol Spence
Bet - Errol Spence by KO,TKO

24-11-2017, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2017 04:28 PM by Dibble.)
To Date

25/11 - Kovlalev v Sharbranskyy . Selection - Kovalev / Bet
9/12 - Lomachenko v Rigondeaux. Selection - Lomachenko / Bet
16/12 - Saunders v Lemieux . Selection - Lemieux / Bet
20/1 - Spence v Peterson . Selection - Spence / Bet

Selections - 9 , Won - 8
Winning Bets - 4

24-11-2017, 06:37 PM
hey Dibs, been looking for Kovlavev fight tomorrow can't seem to find anywhere on bookie sites, any ideas mate ? tried Will Hill and Skybet
24-11-2017, 06:58 PM
Prices for the Kovalev fight are on oddschecker mate , sky sports have prices

24-11-2017, 07:43 PM
thanks sorted Thumbs
24-11-2017, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2017 07:45 PM by Dibble.)
No probs bud , hope the bets a winner Thumbs

26-11-2017, 06:40 AM
(24-11-2017 12:28 PM)Dibble Wrote:  Saturday 25th November - Sergey Kovalev v Vyacheslav Sharbranskyy

Former world light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev (30-2-1 , 26 KOs) is up against the big punching Vyacheslav Sharbranskyy (19-1 , 16 KOs) for the WBO and IBA light heavyweight titles. Both can pack a helluva punch so i'm expecting , well hoping anyway , where plenty of heavy shots are thrown and traded. Sharbranskyys only loss came against the very decent Cuban Sullivan Barrera (whose sole defeat has come against the unbeaten Andre Ward) who knocked him out in the 7th round , whilst Kovalev's brace of defeats came against Andre Ward on both occasions , both of these fights /decisions were somewhat contraversial , especially the first one where alot of people thought Kovalev should of walked away the winner. This is a difficult bout to weigh up if im honest , i can see Sharbranskyy trying to pressure Kovalev and swamping him with body shots but Kovalev is an old hand and as shrewd as they come , he's been there , seen it and done it and he'll be waiting for the openings to appear before unleashing shots of his own. I think , at the end of the day , Kovalevs experience will see him through this and i think he's by far the better boxer out of the two but Sharbranskyy does possess power and if he manages to catch Kovalev clean then it could well be all over , although the same could be said of Kovalev who has some serious punching power of his ownand if Sharbranskyy gets abit sloppy or frustrated with how the fights going then it could well finish with him being counted out. As i say this one should be a good fight but i think Kovalev will come out on top.
Selection - Sergey Kovalev Thumbs
Bet - Sergey Kovalev by stoppage Thumbs

26-11-2017, 06:42 AM
To Date

25/11 - Kovlalev v Sharbranskyy . Selection - Kovalev Thumbs / Bet Thumbs

Selections - 10 , Won - 9
Winning Bets - 5

26-11-2017, 12:31 PM
nice one Thumbs
26-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Cheers mate Thumbs

30-11-2017, 07:17 AM
Some good fights coming up in the early part of 2018 , will post write ups end of December , beginning of January 18

02-12-2017, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2017 07:26 AM by Dibble.)
9th December - James De Gale v Caleb Truax

James DeGale (23-1-1 , 14 Kos) defends his IBF super middleweight strap against American Caleb Truax (25-2-2 , 15 KOs) on a very decent looking card. DeGale hasnt been seen in a ring since his draw with Badou Jack back in January of this year , he's been recovering from a shoulder injury and started training in earnest in September , so hopefully will have blown the cobwebs away and be in tip top shape for this , his opponent however has seen even less of the ring having not fought competitively since being KOd by Daniel Jacobs back in April 2015. Truax is a decent fighter but i think DeGale can make a successful defence here , plus the fact he's on home soil will also help his cause , for me DeGale is one of Britains better boxers and doesnt perhaps get the credit he deserves sometimes , i mean the only loss on his record came against George Groves and he's been in the ring with some decent names , i certainly wouldnt mind that cv. I do worry about the length of time he's been out of the ring but i think thats probably counter acted by the fact that his opponent has been out for an even longer period. I think this one could go all the way with DeGale snatching it on points although he could KO Truax late on , but given his last few fights ended up in decisions i would probably go that route to be honest.
Selection - James DeGale
Bet - James DeGale by decision

02-12-2017, 07:39 AM
To Date

9/12 - DeGale v Truax . Selection - DeGale / Bet

Selections - 10 , Won - 9
Winning Bets - 5

02-12-2017, 12:57 PM
good write up Dibble, hoping we can bring some bacon home again mate
02-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Fingers crossed mate

Should of done a write up about the big MMA fight tonight between overeem and ngannou , should be explosive believe me ... but i forgot , duh !

03-12-2017, 06:21 AM
(24-11-2017 12:39 PM)Dibble Wrote:  Saturday 2nd December - Miguel Cotto v Sadam Ali

Well this is going to be the final fight of Miguel Cotto's (41-5 , 33 Kos) illustrious career , he's the current WBO light middleweight champion and is the best boxer to come out of Puerto Rico , official ! In his career he has won 6 world titles and has won world titles in 4 different weight categories and he's up against the current WBA international welterweight champion Sadam Ali (24-1 , 14 KOs) and whilst Ali is a decent enough boxer i really do think he's out of his depth here. Cotto , despite not being the force of old , will just be too strong and powerful for him in my opinion and i can only see one outcome and that Cotto ending his career on a winning note.
Selection - Miguel Cotto Icon_frown
Bet - Miguel Cotto by stoppage Icon_frown

03-12-2017, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2017 02:50 PM by Dibble.)
To Date

2/12 - Cotto v Ali . Selection - Cotto Icon_frown / Bet Icon_frown
9/12 - DeGale v Truax . Selection - DeGale / Bet

Selections - 11 , Won - 9
Winning Bets - 5

03-12-2017, 06:22 AM
Cant believe that , Ali deserved the win imo but Cotto was a huge disappointment

03-12-2017, 01:21 PM
I've had to go into hiding after that Dibs lol !
03-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Think i'll join yer lol Cotto tore a bicep in the 7th apparently but still he was gassed out and just underperformed

09-12-2017, 11:48 PM
I'll be very surprised if DeGale gets this , from what ive seen he shouldnt be in the ring yet

10-12-2017, 12:03 AM
(02-12-2017 07:14 AM)Dibble Wrote:  9th December - James De Gale v Caleb Truax

James DeGale (23-1-1 , 14 Kos) defends his IBF super middleweight strap against American Caleb Truax (25-2-2 , 15 KOs) on a very decent looking card. DeGale hasnt been seen in a ring since his draw with Badou Jack back in January of this year , he's been recovering from a shoulder injury and started training in earnest in September , so hopefully will have blown the cobwebs away and be in tip top shape for this , his opponent however has seen even less of the ring having not fought competitively since being KOd by Daniel Jacobs back in April 2015. Truax is a decent fighter but i think DeGale can make a successful defence here , plus the fact he's on home soil will also help his cause , for me DeGale is one of Britains better boxers and doesnt perhaps get the credit he deserves sometimes , i mean the only loss on his record came against George Groves and he's been in the ring with some decent names , i certainly wouldnt mind that cv. I do worry about the length of time he's been out of the ring but i think thats probably counter acted by the fact that his opponent has been out for an even longer period. I think this one could go all the way with DeGale snatching it on points although he could KO Truax late on , but given his last few fights ended up in decisions i would probably go that route to be honest.
Selection - James DeGale Icon_frown
Bet - James DeGale by decision Icon_frown

10-12-2017, 12:07 AM
To Date

2/12 - Cotto v Ali . Selection - Cotto Icon_frown / Bet Icon_frown
9/12 - DeGale v Truax . Selection - DeGale Icon_frown / Bet Icon_frown

Selections - 12 , Won - 9
Winning Bets - 5

10-12-2017, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 05:14 AM by Dibble.)
Have to re iterate what i said earlier , bitterly disappointed with DeGales performance , outboxed and deserved the loss , how one judge scored it a draw is beyond me ... just didnt look up for the challenge at all

Lomachencko and Rigondeaux now .... been looking forward to this one since it was announced , cant wait , hope it lives up to expectations Boxer

10-12-2017, 05:42 AM
(24-11-2017 04:14 PM)Dibble Wrote:  Saturday 9th December - Vasyl Lomachenko v Guillermo Rigondeaux

This is a mouthwatering bout for most , if not all , true boxing fans , between two of the most gifted and talented boxers out there at the moment. Between them the pair have won 4 olympic gold medalsand are without doubt two of the best amateurs ever to grace the ring. Ukranian Lomachenko's amateur record reads 396-1 whilst Cuban Rigondeaux' is 475 - 12 , they're some records !! And since turning professional both have impressed and made an impact in their respective weight catagories. Rigondeaux (17-0 , 11 KOs) is the current WBA super bantamweight champion and is moving up 2 weight divisions to take this fight , whilst Lomachencko (9-1 , 7 KOs) will be defending his WBO junior lightweight world title. Both have made great starts to their pro careers , Rigondeaux beat Noriega by a 2nd round TKO on his debut and took the vacant WBA interim super bantamweight in his 7th bout , beating Ricardo Cordoba , he then won the WBA (regular) super bantamweight title in only his 9th fight , along the way he has also won and retained the WBO , The Ring and lineal super bantamweight titles plus the WBC silver international super bantamweight belt .. Lomachenko has made an equally impressive start to his pro career , knocking out Jose Ramirez in the 4th round of his debut fight , and in only his second pro fight attempted to win the WBO featherweight title and despite a valiant effort lost by a split decision to Orlando Salido. He made no mistakes in his 3rd fight however when beating Gary Russell by a majority decision to take home the WBO featherweight title , he also won the WBO junior lightweight belt in his 7th fight , so as you can see both are very good boxers. I really rate both of them if im being honest , however i would have to side with Lomachenko on this occasion mainly because of the fact that Rigondeaux has had to go up in weight and that for me could well be the telling factor in this bout. Both have great hand speed , timing and accuracy with the Cuban known as an excellent counter puncher and being very hard to hit , whilst Lomachecko has superb footwork and good solid power to his shots. This is all set to be a visual feast for boxing officianados and no true boxing fan will want to miss this one , given their talent and backgrounds either could win but for the reasons given i'm going to side with Lomachencko this time.
Selection - Vasyl Lomachencko Thumbs
Bet - Vasyl Lomachecko by stoppage Thumbs