Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Football Season 2016/17
19-07-2016, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 05:10 PM by bigdave12.)
Football Season 2016/17
My bets for the 2016/17 season will put some early ones up before it all kicks off.

Championship- ASTON VILLA to be promoted @11/4
Scottish Prem- RANGERS to win the league @ 7/2

Singles and double @ 16.24/1

ASTON VILLA- I think the price on my team to get promoted could be a steal, new owner new manager a few new signings and hopefully only the rubbish left to get rid of. If Ayew, Amavi and Gueye stay i may even place a small bet on us to win the league, people will probably think im crazy being so positive about a team that finished rock bottom last season that could barely manage a goal let alone a win but hopefully the team has turned a corner, the appointment of RDM and Steve Clarke has gone down well and can only improve us in my view we have already added a keeper which is a position we struggled in last season, also bringing in a new captain Tommy Elphick from Bournemouth is another positive and shows that there will be big changes.
Im sure there will be quite a few outgoing players as our senior squad is pretty big but that isn't a bad thing if you watched us last season, RDM has also stated that he is still looking for players especially a striker and with a couple of promising youth players and the return of G.Gardner, J.Bennett from loans and J.Grealish back in the team Villa could have a pretty strong squad for the coming season.
A lot of pundits expect us to struggle but they are basing that on the last regime and i just don't see it, maybe it's blind faith in my team and maybe slightly arrogant that i expect us to just walk back into the Premier League but i really do think we have the overall quality to do just that.

RANGERS- I haven't got too much on Rangers but iv been banging on about this bet since WARBURTON took charge so now i get my chance to place it, im a big fan of his he did a great job at Brentford and has carried that on at Rangers with an impressive title winning season and if he can keep the momentum going i think they can pip Celtic to the title.
This bet is probably more about Warburton than it is about Rangers the guy seems like he's destined for the top i can see him as a future Arsenal manager would certainly match Wenger in looking after the financial side of things, if not there then i can see him as a future England manager.

Will try and add some more soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2016, 10:32 PM
RE: Football Season 2016/17
PREMIER LEAGUE

WINNERS
MAN UNITED @ 10/3 Betfair

Positives - New manager Mourinho, a couple of top signings and more to come, Possibly less games than title rivals in the champions league.

Negatives - Weak at the back but still time to fix, Underperformed for a few seasons, May need time to get used to a new system.

LONGSHOT
WEST HAM @ 100/1 Betway e/w

Positives - Bilic top manager gets the team up for games, on a roll after a great season, money to spend will surely add a couple of decent players, New stadium bigger crowds, Payet if he stays.

Negatives - Weaker squad than rivals, Short of a top striker, In need of a top CB , May not have the squad to last the full 38 games.

RELEGATION
BURNLEY @ EVENS Paddy/Skybet

Bit of an obvious one but still think evens is a good price should be odds on favs, The players they are signing don't seem up to the quality of other teams targets/signings. Not as strong a squad as the other two promoted teams, they would need to make quite a few top signings to edge out their relegation rivals. They will be relying on Star man Andre Gray to score the goals to keep them up but i don't think that alone will be enough.
25-07-2016, 12:25 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP

ASTON VILLA to be promoted @ 11/4

TOP SIX FINISH
ASTON VILLA @ 21/20 Sportingbet - Have already given my thoughts on my team and cannot believe the price on us to be in the top 6 at then end of the season should be easy money imo.

LEEDS @ 5/1 Sportingbet / 10bet - The owner is a bit of a fruitcake but with a new manager in Gary Monk i think Leeds will have a good season they steadied the ship last season and i think they can push on this season and challenge for the playoffs.
They have lost L.Cook to Bournemouth but have signed K.Roofe and it will be interesting to see if he can step up to this level after a great season in league 2 they have also signed R.Green in goal and M.Antonsson Striker with maybe more to come after getting a substantial fee for Cook.
I think Gary Monk is the man to take Leeds forward and i expect them to at least finish in the top half (11/8 with SKYBET) and possibly sneak into the playoffs.

TOP HALF FINISH
LEEDS @ 11/8 Skybet
HUDDERSFIELD @ 7/5 Paddy Power

RELEGATION
BLACKBURN @ 11/2 Coral - Every season you get an ex prem team flirting with Championship relegation and i think time may have run out for Blackburn they continue to lose their best players Gestede, Rhodes and now Hanley and not replace them the owners seem to have given up, so unless they go on a mad spending spree that really strengthens the squad then i can see them being next on the list of ex prem teams to drop to league 1.
25-07-2016, 11:31 PM
(25-07-2016 12:25 PM)bigdave12 Wrote:  CHAMPIONSHIP

TOP SIX FINISH
ASTON VILLA @ 21/20 Sportingbet - Have already given my thoughts on my team and cannot believe the price on us to be in the top 6 at then end of the season should be easy money imo.

LEEDS @ 5/1 Sportingbet / 10bet - The owner is a bit of a fruitcake but with a new manager in Gary Monk i think Leeds will have a good season they steadied the ship last season and i think they can push on this season and challenge for the playoffs.
They have lost L.Cook to Bournemouth but have signed K.Roofe and it will be interesting to see if he can step up to this level after a great season in league 2 they have also signed R.Green in goal and M.Antonsson Striker with maybe more to come after getting a substantial fee for Cook.
I think Gary Monk is the man to take Leeds forward and i expect them to at least finish in the top half (11/8 with SKYBET) and possibly sneak into the playoffs.

TOP HALF FINISH
LEEDS @ 11/8 Skybet

RELEGATION
BLACKBURN @ 11/2 Coral - Every season you get an ex prem team flirting with Championship relegation and i think time may have run out for Blackburn they continue to lose their best players Gestede, Rhodes and now Hanley and not replace them the owners seem to have given up, so unless they go on a mad spending spree that really strengthens the squad then i can see them being next on the list of ex prem teams to drop to league 1.

Agree on both 'Uddersfield and Leeds for top half.

My multiple for this years leagues is as follows:
Liverpool (8/1 - Prem)
Bayern Munich (4/1 - Champions League)
Rotherham to be relegated (9/4 - Championship)
Coventry (14/1 - League 1)
Doncaster (9/1 - League 2)
Tranmere (6/1 - Conference)

Each way trebles and each way 6-fold
25-07-2016, 11:50 PM
(25-07-2016 11:31 PM)RomfordRacer Wrote:  

TOP SIX FINISH

TOP HALF FINISH
LEEDS @ 11/8 Skybet

RELEGATION

Liverpool (8/1 - Prem)

Just done this five fold at 35/1 also:
Liverpool top 6 in Prem
Rotherham relegated in Championship
Coventry top 6 in League 1
Doncaster top 7 in League 2
Ross County bottom 6 in Scottish Prem
26-07-2016, 01:07 AM
(25-07-2016 11:50 PM)RomfordRacer Wrote:  
(25-07-2016 11:31 PM)RomfordRacer Wrote:  

TOP SIX FINISH

TOP HALF FINISH
LEEDS @ 11/8 Skybet

RELEGATION

Liverpool (8/1 - Prem)

Just done this five fold at 35/1 also:
Liverpool top 6 in Prem
Rotherham relegated in Championship
Coventry top 6 in League 1
Doncaster top 7 in League 2
Ross County bottom 6 in Scottish Prem

I like the look of that bet @ 35/1 and im definitely going to put together a few multiples like that, I haven't been through League 1 and 2 yet so i need to get a move on before the season kicks off. Good luck with those.Thumbs
26-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Good luck with your selections will be following with interest.

Scottish League 1

Airdrie 11/2 and Livingston 11/2 wont go far wrong following these throughout the season

Scottish League 2

Clyde look a standout bet 3/1 and Cowdenbeath should pay their way.

always remember 'never bite the horse that feeds you'
26-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Cheers Toby good to see some tips on the Scottish league as I haven't really got a clue outside of the prem and championship. I will be putting together a multiple with picks from all of our tips so if anybody else wants to get involved and post up their thoughts then you're more than welcome.Thumbs
26-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Football 16/17 Multibets

Bet 1
A.Villa - To Be Promoted
Coventry - Top Six Finish
Wycombe - Top Seven Finish

Treble @ 39.8/1

Bet 2
Liverpool - Top Six Finish
A.Villa - Top Six Finish
MK Dons - Top Six Finish
Doncaster - Top Seven Finish

4 Fold @ 8.97/1

Bet 3
Burnley - To Be Relegated
Leeds - Top Half Finish

4 Fold @ 44/1

Bet 4
Man United - Win League - Prem
A.Villa - To Be Promoted - Champ
Coventry - To Be Promoted - L1
York - To Be Promoted - National
Clyde - Win League 2

Doubles X10 and ACCA

Bet 5 - Relegation Special
Burnley
Blackburn
Fleetwood
Hartlepool

4 Fold @ 308/1
27-07-2016, 02:19 AM
(26-07-2016 11:20 PM)bigdave12 Wrote:  Football 16/17 Multibets

Bet 1
A.Villa - To Be Promoted

Treble @ 39.8/1

Bet 2
Liverpool - Top Six Finish
A.Villa - Top Six Finish
MK Dons - Top Six Finish
Doncaster - Top Seven Finish

4 Fold @ 8.97/1

Bet 3
Burnley - To Be Relegated
Leeds - Top Half Finish

4 Fold @ 44/1

Bet 4
Man United - Win League - Prem
A.Villa - To Be Promoted - Champ
Coventry - To Be Promoted - L1
York - To Be Promoted - National
Clyde - Win League 2

Doubles X10 and ACCA

Bet 5 - Relegation Special
Burnley
Blackburn
Fleetwood
Hartlepool

4 Fold @ 308/1

Very much like the look of bet 3 in particular Dave

Cheers Toby for your Scottish league tips as outside the Prem, I haven't a Scooby.

Also, for the National League, my local side Dagenham and Redbridge have brought in loads of young hungry players under John Still who took the club t the football league originally. When I'm not at Ipswich or an away game, I still pop down to the Daggers and know that they are in bleak financial trouble right now. If a takeover from ex players comes through like proposed, they will be a decent bet. On the off chance that someone on here fancied on betting on them right now, hold off as they could go into administration In the next three 6 weeks and get a points penalty. As soon as they are taken over and stable, they would be a decent bet for top 5 n conference.
28-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Some good info there mate i will keep an eye out for that out of interest i will put up the teams involved in takeovers their odds and what i think is the best bet.
I think its worth keeping an eye as we all know money and significant investment usually brings some sort of success.

Teams with new owners / Investment

Premier League
EVERTON - Significant Investment Billionaire - Title odds @ 100/1 / best bet = Top Six Finish @ 5/1

SWANSEA - New owner / Investment - Title odds @ 1250/1 / best bet = Top Half Finish @ 5/1

Possible takeover - WEST BROM

Championship
ASTON VILLA - New Owner Chinese quiet on actual worth - Title odds @ 10/1 / best bet = To be promoted @ 11/4

WOLVERHAMPTON W - New Owners Billionaire promised big money - Title odds @ 16/1 / Best Bet = Top Six Finish @ 9/5

National League
Possible takeover - DAG & RED

National League South
CHELMSFORD - New owners promised investment - Title Odds @ 12/1

Serie A
Possible Takeover - AC MILAN

If anybody else has any info feel free to add, I will update as time goes by but here's a few for now.