Group Racers
WELCOME everybody! - Printable Version

+- Group Racers (http://www.groupracers.co.uk)
+-- Forum: WELCOME ALL! + forum policy and rules (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Welcome all! (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: WELCOME everybody! (/showthread.php?tid=12)

WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-01-2010 08:27 PM

I started Group Racers in August 2008 as a trial at another site (which we have now outgrown) in the hope it would be a forum with a difference - simply a place where we could exchange knowledge, experience, information and tips on racing, in a fun and friendly environment, without the distraction of any kids from the playground. In our infancy we were small and private, with a membership totalling just 15.

Success brought confidence, and in July 2009 the members voted to open our doors and go public. Happily, that decision has proved a winner - we quadrupled our membership within four months, have added more since, and it's a pleasure to note that not one member has ever been disruptive since we started**. All of us have experienced the idiotic antics on other racing forums, and many, if not most, of our current members came here to escape it. That isn't to say we don't enjoy banter - the atmos has always been great - but we've been incredibly profitable too, and perhaps the absence of distracting kids has played a part in that. The aim is to continue to mutually benefit in terms of increasing our profits, whilst also sharing the highs and lows of punting in a peaceful and supportive atmosphere.

We will therefore be continuing with the same set of just 7 simple rules which have served us so well. Please note - one strike and you're out, pronto and permanently Toilet

1. No abuse or other playground stuff

2. No spamming

3. No plagiarism

4. No multiple IDs (members may not have more than one username on the site, and all name changes must be cleared with me first).

5. No member is permitted to own, run, manage or work for any sports-related subscription tipping service outside of GR. Exceptions may be made where these are for purely charitable purposes, but members must clear this with me first.

6. Members are of course free to circulate their own tips/info etc wherever they wish, but that of other members must not be given or posted elsewhere by anyone else.

7. All new members who visit the site 5 times or more in their first 2 months, must make at least 5 posts within those two months, otherwise their membership will be permanently cancelled. The posts do not have to be tips, but can be congrats, weather or going reports, ideas for systems, good wishes for other members' selections etc. Thereafter, any
members who browse the site regularly will be expected to keep contributing regularly with their own posts on a similarly proportionate basis.

The thinking behind this is simply that many members put in several hours daily to come up with their stats, selections etc for the free benefit of anyone reading them, whilst others were to be seen surfing the board several times weekly but contributing nothing, not even giving a word of praise or thanks for the profits they were surely making from the tipsters putting the work in. This board is only in existence because of members who POST.

If any members have personal circumstances which mean they are unable to post for a lengthy period, they should let me know by PM or email, and they will be individually considered. Two members have done this in the past, and were exempted.

I am always open to ideas and suggestions for improvements Thumbs

Ryor/Yeats (Red Rum on old site)
Admin
Edit note - message updated 17/10/10

Update 13/3/10 - A note re my name changes:-

I think most people here knew that my name was Ryor on another board, but that I ditched it for 'RedRum' when starting Group Racers, in order not to leave a Google-able trail for the playground lot.

When we moved house to here from our old GR site, I changed to Yeats - but must say I've never felt at home with that, nor did I want to return to RedRum.
Therefore I've gone back to my original name, Ryor. I think we're strong enough now, 18 months on, to shrug off any unwanted attentions from the playground kids Icon_smile

**Update 26/9/13 There have actually now been two, both given the boot - one for deliberately insulting another member and refusing to apologise; one for spamming a fee-charging tipping "service". Plus one banned for multi-ID-ing. However, 3 in 5 years doesn't seem too bad a record!
***Further update 1/2/14 - 4 in 5 years now, another fee-paying tipping "service" miscreant

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mountie - 19-01-2010 07:24 AM

New site new name.going to take an old bugger like me some getting used to.Cheers RR sorry,Yeats.[Image: bestwishes.gif] to the new site

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 13-02-2010 09:48 PM

s'allright Mountie lol Icon_biggrin and cheers Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 14-02-2010 04:56 PM

Well seems a good place to say im glad to be here.
Some of you might know me, others not so.

First thing is that im Portuguese, so english is not my native language. Because of that a preemtive apologie for any misspelling and odly looking writing.
Im also a person that bets for fun only, with a job (Pharmacist), only started horse betting 1 year ago, so im still a baby compared to most. Just hope i some day can get near to some of the punting ive seen in the past. Althought time constraints will probably stop me from it.

Thx for letting me in, seems like a nice place.
Best of wishes to everyone.Angel

RE: WELCOME everybody! - TBR - 19-02-2010 12:22 AM

Hi allDessie

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 19-02-2010 01:11 AM

TBR and Blue_County - (think I've already said this to Opti Icon_biggrin) - GREAT to see you here, you are most welcome Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - TBR - 19-02-2010 03:08 PM

(19-02-2010 01:11 AM)Yeats Wrote:  TBR and Blue_County - (think I've already said this to Opti Icon_biggrin) - GREAT to see you here, you are most welcome Thumbs
thanks,a welcome break..the other place is going mad..i want to become a mod for a day and wipe em all out

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 20-02-2010 08:54 PM

We are all getting that felling TBR, and we feel like wise in every word.
But i still mantain, as im shure you too, a great deal of respect for many of the posters there.

Welcome TBR, cant wait to post in your punting here :)
Also welcome BC.

And yes yeats, you already told me... Remybussi

RE: WELCOME everybody! - gazcam - 21-02-2010 04:29 PM

[/font]Hi all, I am new today to the site and the good thing about no racing today is that I have spent the last 3 hours or so reading through past postings. Would just like to say the site looks great and easy to navigate and the tipping looks to have been amazing and I can't wait to get started. Not a big tipster myself but I get the odd winner. Hope the winnings continue.
Cheers Gaz.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 21-02-2010 06:17 PM

A warm welcome to you Gazcam, and many thanks for your kind comments - always good to get the views of those who are seeing the place through fresh pairs of eyes, and I'm happy it comes across so positively.
Hope you enjoy it for a long time to come Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 23-02-2010 09:54 PM

Goodam they let anyone in these days......

Icon_biggrin Welcome in ST!icon_pidu

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 23-02-2010 10:10 PM

yeah, we let you in Opti Icon_winkIcon_biggrin

welcome aboard $$, good to see you here Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - futurerock - 28-04-2010 09:40 AM

Site looks good Ryor!

Cheers

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Wellington - 28-04-2010 11:35 AM

Well it's good to find a racing forum with no idiots my first post so hello everyone. The site looks very good and lots of good names I recognise from over the years.

Wellie

RE: WELCOME everybody! - scouse - 28-04-2010 01:43 PM

Hi, joined yesterday and i like what i see, i am an old failed gambler who is mainly housebound through ill health. I enjoy a bet and love my footie ( Everton) I'm afraid i can't give you any info but will try to input a bit of banter. Thanks for having me. Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 28-04-2010 03:05 PM

great to see so many new members posting straight away - glad to have you all aboard and enjoying the site. "Info" isn't a requirement - well not yet anyway Icon_wink ha ha only kiddin!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Shotgun - 28-04-2010 08:36 PM

Hi folks , lookin good Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 04-05-2010 11:17 PM

A warm welcome to all the new members since i was away!
icon_pidu

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmax - 09-05-2010 03:24 PM

Hello everyone. I started to bet on horse races four years ago, now it is my favorite hobby.

This site looks very good!

Max

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 09-05-2010 04:18 PM

Hope you enjoy it Mmax Cup

RE: WELCOME everybody! - MoleMan - 09-05-2010 09:07 PM

Hi all, im new here looks a great site Icon_biggrin will be contributing to horse racing discussion,

Cheers,
MoleMan

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 09-05-2010 09:17 PM

cheers Shotgun, Valuestar, Mmax and MoleMan, good to see you here and thanks for the positive feedback Thumbs

Welcome aboard Cheers Sunny

RE: WELCOME everybody! - pauluk - 06-07-2010 02:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope to contribute to the forum as often as i can with the 1 aim we are all here, to make a profit however small icon_pidu

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 06-07-2010 08:46 PM

Profit is profit, welcome in Pauluk!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 17-08-2010 07:06 PM

gee - this place just gets classier and classier - another warm welcome, this time to djdisturbance - good to see ya here DJ Thumbs icon_pidu

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Bube - 03-09-2010 12:02 AM

Hello Gang!

A few of you will know me from the other place. I don't pick many winners. Most of mine come second either because the jockey loses his irons [Sam Cruise @22/1 Pullhair] or the horse's nose isn't long enough [Red Somerset @40/1 Wall].

But I spent a long time last year with spreadsheets trying out staking plans and betting methods and I uncovered some interesting stuff.

I'm a stickler for keeping discipline and encourage everybody on the forum to talk to us if they ever feel they may be losing theirs.

I hope I can contribute to the morale of the forum and find a few placers!

Bube

RE: WELCOME everybody! - gazcam - 03-09-2010 08:26 AM

Morning Bube, all the best. Happy posting!!!
GazThumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 03-09-2010 12:25 PM

cheers Bube, good to see ya here Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 03-09-2010 09:40 PM

Welcome Bube, and im shure youll be finding more than placers here Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 29-09-2010 02:23 AM

OMG I've finally succombed to dementia and let a Canary in ...welcome Philcanary, don't spend too much time preening your yellow and green feathers cos you'll be sliding back down the table come Christmas time as per usual Thumbs Remybussi

RE: WELCOME everybody! - masquith - 29-09-2010 11:37 AM

lol,sure you will get off to a flyer , ha ha

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Philcanary - 29-09-2010 03:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome Ryor/Masquith. Look forward to crossing swords with you all soon.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-01-2011 12:14 PM

Welcome to another who is more an old friend than a new member, as he was with us on our old site - Arthurcollins - who as many will know is one helluva talented tipster and all round good guy - terrific to see you back Arthur, welcome aboard our new site Thumbs

Welcome to Gitch :-) - Ryor - 23-02-2011 07:21 PM

Delighted to say another old face has joined us - well ya know whoddi mean Icon_biggrin - warm welcome aboard Gitch, hope you enjoy our site Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - deegs64 - 12-03-2011 01:14 PM

just a quuick hello to everyone and looking forward to being a regular visitor

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 30-03-2011 11:00 PM

Welcome in deegs Thumbs and a very warm welcome also to our newest member who's just joined this eve, Deeman Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 18-05-2011 12:52 PM

And another warm welcome to our newest member, wolves58 Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - matjaz1982 - 06-08-2011 09:21 AM

i m new here
hi to everybody

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 06-08-2011 11:35 AM

Hello JWilding and Matjaz, a warm welcome to you both, hope you have a good time here Sunny Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Grumpy - 14-08-2011 12:34 PM

Ryor thank you for allowing me to jion this site and hi to everyone

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-08-2011 12:39 PM

Welcome in Grumpy, hope you have a good time here Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Night Owl - 27-08-2011 01:33 PM

Hi to every member. Just want to say I like the look of the site already and will no doubt be spending a lot of time in here. Many many years spent trying to find that elusive system, some good some very bad. It doesn't stop me trying. Will be in most days, health permitting . Will no doubt get to know you as you will me.

Cheers, thanks for allowing me in.
Night Owl

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 27-08-2011 01:40 PM

You're very welcome Night Owl, great to see you here, look forward to some of those system trials, and will also be nice to find someone else around at 2am! Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 27-08-2011 04:46 PM

welcome aboard night owl look forward to your systems
hope you enjoy the site
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - gazcam - 27-08-2011 08:35 PM

All the best Night Owl!Thumbs

Hi - Tony275 - 20-09-2011 05:31 PM

Hi All
I contacted Ryor regarding becoming a member a couple of days ago, And the reply I got told me he was a true Gent, And I today received my membership and have just had a quick look at the site.
It is a lovely easy to navigate site with a lot of Interesting reads.
I wish everyone well and a very big Thanks again to Ryor for accepting me into this first class site.

Tony

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 20-09-2011 05:49 PM

cheers Tony, glad to have you here and a very warm welcome aboard Thumbs
Only thing is I ain't no gent tho! Lady, possibly hmmm (no worries, you weren't to know Icon_biggrin )

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tony275 - 20-09-2011 06:56 PM

ROFLMAO well as you can possibly guess I at times put my size 10's in it, Deepest apologies I assume to much at time's, You will always be The First Lady from now on.

Tony

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Opti - 20-09-2011 10:07 PM

(20-09-2011 05:49 PM)Ryor Wrote:  Only thing is I ain't no gent tho! Lady, possibly hmmm (no worries, you weren't to know Icon_biggrin )

Oufcourse we all know that is yet to be proven Blush

Welcome aboard Tony, always a pleasure to see new people coming in.
And yes everyone is a gent in here. BeerBeer

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 22-09-2011 09:01 PM

welcome aboard zaappermaan and tony
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Paul2906 - 06-10-2011 05:10 PM

Hello everyone, just a small introduction from me...I have just registered with the forum today, so thanks to Ryor for welcoming me aboard.
The forum looks great, set out very nicely and I look forward to chatting to you all soon.
So, yes, thanks a lot for having me onboard and all the best!
Paul

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Horseplayer - 14-10-2011 06:53 PM

Hi all,

Just became a member and been having a quick look around, it’s a little strange without all the nonsense that normally accompanies a message board.

Hopefully I can add some useful input. I’m a speed figure person and some may have come across my colour coded speed figures.

Horseplayer

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-10-2011 08:52 PM

Icon_biggrin Welcome aboard Horseplayer - and of course Paul.
It does leave a lot more time for actually doing racing and picking winners Icon_wink

Yes, have seen your very useful looking speed figs - feel free to post a link (as long as they're free and no ads of course). We could put them in the first links box if you like?

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Horseplayer - 15-10-2011 12:23 PM

Hi Ryor,

I’ll post a link on the AW thread I’ve started Thumbs it may make more sense if people can refer to what I’m talking about.

No need for a link in the links box, I’m not looking to drive traffic to the site - it’d mean working on it Icon_smile

RE: WELCOME everybody! - SirK - 22-11-2011 10:00 AM

Hello All,

Thanks for letting me in. I am a systems man but for backing only. Laying has never been my thing. I tend to look for a 35% or better strike rate in a system with a ROI of at least 60%. I am basically a flat race man (Turf and all weather) but I do have a couple of NH systems aswell. I will put up one or two of the better selections and give some details of the system principles. I will be away for two weeks from 30th November in USA (Work) but might be able to post from my phone.

Hope I don't start with a long losing run!

SirK

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 22-11-2011 11:31 AM

Morning SirK and Daveaball, welcome aboard and looking forward to your postings Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 14-02-2012 11:43 PM

Welcome both. Look forward to input.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - RedDog - 11-05-2012 03:03 PM

Hi all, I'm a horse racing and Forest fan (looks like there's one or two Ipswich boys about) I look forward to picking your brains and sharing my knowledge gained through 30 odd years of winning and losing on the horses.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 11-05-2012 10:38 PM

Hi RedDog. Yes, I am one of the Ipswich Boys and have been for 50+ years. In my early teens, I never missed a home game.

I tend to concentrate on the doggies these days using a statistical approach (nobody sitting on their backs to screw things up!!!!)

Look forward to your input. Icon_wink

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 04-07-2012 01:22 PM

Echo Ryor comments above. Icon_wink

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Scar - 14-07-2012 12:49 PM

Hi to all, I hope to be able(with my limited knowledge) to be able to contribute something of worth here.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 15-07-2012 03:12 PM

Welcome aboard Scar, all contributions welcome Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - swedish chef - 17-07-2012 03:26 PM

Hi all,

I'd like to start by thanking you for inviting me aboard and tell you a little about myself.

My nickname, swedish chef(Muppets) was affectionately given to me by the London County darts team after helping them get sponsored and finding them a new venue many years ago. I was doing the cooking for a couple hundred people over the weekend at their home games.

I belong to a syndicate called C W Racing club and we own a horse called Simpson Milar with trainer Noel Wilson, we also leased out a horse called Red Skipper until he was sold.

I'm good friends with John Manley and family, owner of Dick Turpin, Trumpet Major and a few others.

I first got into racing after backing Hello Dandy antepost at 33/1 for the Grand National and have had the bug ever since. I personally prefer the jumps to the flat because a lot of the horses become, like, old friends and form is easier to follow.

I look forward to reading all the threads and getting involved, hopefully in a profitable way for all.

Kind regards,

David.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 17-07-2012 09:38 PM

Hi Swedish Chef - nice to have another 'jumps' member onboard. My preference also.

We are a friendly bunch and no shame in posting losers as well as winners. That's all part and parcel of the game.

Hope you enjoy being on here. Plenty of excellent stuff posted on a daily basis.

Good luck and look forward to reading your posts.

TB

RE: WELCOME everybody! - theitvseven - 22-08-2012 03:52 PM

Thanks Ryor for arranging my registration to the forum Icon_smile

I've been interested in racing for many years now, preferring NH to the flat. I like the fact that NH horses tend to stay in training for many years and can become like old friends. Saying that, have just watched Frankel blow away the opposition, so the flat boys rightly have their heroes too Easy

Have been having a quick look around the site and am impressed. Really like the fact that all postings are intelligent and lack the rants and raves of idiots talking through their pockets as on other sites.

I'm a West Midlands guy, who is a Cheltenham member and frequent most of the local jumping tracks. Would be good to meet up with other forum members at a meeting at some stage.

I will look to contribute regularly.

CheersBeer

Gerry

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 22-08-2012 05:10 PM

welcome aboard gerry hope you enjoy the forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 30-08-2012 12:32 PM

Good to see you here Andy, welcome aboard, and look forward to your contribs Thumbs

First Post - davidw - 25-10-2012 10:41 PM

I have joined the forum today and I hope to be able to make a useful contribution. My main interest is in jumps racing and I have couple of horses in training. I follow one particular yard and I hope to be able to give some guidance on the chances of horses declared to run from that yard. Mostly it will be my own opinion but sometimes I hope it will be a bit more inspired. Occasionally I get some advice from a friend about another yard and her views are generally much more shrewd than mine. I tend to be looking for long priced winners or long priced placed horses so often my advice will be to bet 'place' or 'e/w'

I will probably have views on Saturday's racing at Chepstow.

David

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 26-10-2012 10:06 PM

welcome davidw hope you enjoy the forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Stoneleech - 24-11-2012 03:46 PM

Hi all, been really interested in horse racing only the past 2 years, so still learning. Read lots and lots of books and love how you can come at a race from so many angles. Got a mind that loves stats and always on the internet sourcing info and this site feels like I've arrived at the pearly gates Thumbs. Don't seem to do that well over jumps as haven't got my head round that format yet, but I do like picking horses based on speed ratings and breeding which I did ok at this year. I don't like backing favourites either. This year I turned a 25 quid starting bank into 8 grand just backing singles with 5% staking plan. Have had a few nearly landed massive multi's missed 70k by one selection off 5p ew 6 fold, (first 5 came in) and missed 14k off 2.50 ew 4fold banked over a grand each time though which was a nice sweetner. Hope to learn more (especially VDW which I find intriguing and laying horses which I still don't naturally like) as I go and I'm looking to get to know the regulars here without the usual internet bollocks.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - PeterK - 31-12-2012 12:18 PM

Have just joined and very pleased to be a member. My thanks to Ryor. I'm something of a newbie in the racing world but hope I can make a good contribution

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 03-01-2013 11:28 AM

welcome aboard Peterk and hope you enjoy this very freindly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Chaser180 - 23-01-2013 11:12 PM

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join.
I am a big jumps racing fan (not that there has been alot lately) counting down the days until the festival now.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - cardinal - 27-03-2013 01:34 PM

Hello everybody. I have just join the forum, so my thanks go to all for letting me in,special thanks to Ryor. I m using betfair about 4 yrs I m new in horseracing but I m quick learner so I hope to contribute something useful to all of us.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 27-03-2013 03:31 PM

Welcome aboard Cardinal, hope you have fun here and make a bit of money too Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 29-03-2013 09:13 AM

welcome to this v.friendly forum Cardinal and g.luck with your betting
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - geogooners - 13-04-2013 08:07 PM

Dessie
Hi All,
Just joined the forum today and look forward to some rewarding times and hope to come up with a few winners.
Got interested in horse racing after a visit to Wetherby on a very cold Boxing Day back in the 80's with our family. As usual, no winners, but had a great day and been pretty much hooked ever since!
John

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-04-2013 12:22 AM

welcome aboard geogooners Thumbs

Is a geo-gooner a) one called george b) one that liked George Graham c) one that subscribes to the National Geographic d)one that likes the subject of geography e) none of those things?

Just curious!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - geogooners - 14-04-2013 06:26 AM

(14-04-2013 12:22 AM)Ryor Wrote:  welcome aboard geogooners Thumbs

Is a geo-gooner a) one called george b) one that liked George Graham c) one that subscribes to the National Geographic d)one that likes the subject of geography e) none of those things?

Just curious!

None of those things I'm afraid but there is a connection with George Graham.
Geogooners is derived from Geocaching and Arsenal. Geocaching is using a GPS to locate various sized items or just special places around the world. I think there are close to 2 million geocaches and rising - for more info visit geocaching.com.
The 'gooner' part is a nickname for those supporters who follow Arsenal and there lies the connection with George Graham who played and managed the best London team!
John

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-04-2013 10:27 AM

better than Chelsea Thumbs Icon_wink
Cheers for the info!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 14-04-2013 02:13 PM

welcome aboard Geogooner hope you enjoy this great forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - chippy675 - 25-04-2013 08:02 AM

hi thanx for letting me in .....Thumbs
im just down the road from sedgefield race course so i can help with weather reports on the day racing is on
unfortunately im quite a novice when it comes to horses but love the grand national cheltenham festival etc
i have a great admiration for those tipsters that can unravel the puzzle of finding a winner ...:easy
cheers Beer

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 25-04-2013 10:53 AM

good stuff Chippy, welcome aboard and to joining us on trying to unravel that puzzle Thumbs
Weather reports from Sedgefield would certainly be appreciated too Sunny

RE: WELCOME everybody! - geogooners - 25-04-2013 12:23 PM

(25-04-2013 08:02 AM)chippy675 Wrote:  hi thanx for letting me in .....Thumbs
im just down the road from sedgefield race course so i can help with weather reports on the day racing is on
unfortunately im quite a novice when it comes to horses but love the grand national cheltenham festival etc
i have a great admiration for those tipsters that can unravel the puzzle of finding a winner ...:easy
cheers Beer

Hi Chippy,
Welcome from another newbie. Good Luck!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 22-06-2013 01:39 PM

Hello All,

just new to the forum and to introduce myself ! I'm not a big gambler in any way or profess to know a lot in anyway, probably prefer the jumps if the truth be told. On the odd occasion do get some craic off 'people in the know' through my line of work (which has nothing to do with horse racing) which i will duly post whenever i receive. Many thanks and good luck to all !

wheatley

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 22-06-2013 09:08 PM

Anyootoo Wheatley, good luck and a warm welcome aboard Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - chippy675 - 22-06-2013 11:20 PM

people in the know...lookin forward to it ....welcome

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Slaps1973 - 12-07-2013 05:07 PM

Hi all......Icon_biggrin looking forward to being apart of this siteicon_pidu

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 12-07-2013 07:30 PM

Best of luck Slaps !

RE: WELCOME everybody! - deano - 12-07-2013 10:13 PM

seems some names from other sight that I no good luck all to bashing them bookie chaps

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 13-07-2013 01:56 PM

Some familiar names - welcome. Hope you enjoy the no nonsense, quality rather than quantity forum.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 16-07-2013 12:10 PM

welcome SirIvor hope you enjoy this v friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - donb - 09-08-2013 08:52 PM

Hi all

just joined and a few of you may have seen me around other boards (always as donb). I hope I can post up some profitable selections but for now it's nice to have a new place to visit.

Good Luck to all

Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 10-08-2013 01:26 PM

Welcome aboard donb, good to see you here, hope you enjoy Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 12-08-2013 05:29 PM

welcome aboard donb hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmccull - 19-08-2013 12:39 PM

Good afternoon all
Many thanks to Ryor for allowing me access. My name is Mark I live near Pontefract racecourse. I have been betting for many years still trying to perfect it. I mainly use system based selections although I do use other angles also. I occasionally get Info based selections also but TBH i dont put as much weight into these bets these days as there are as many losers as winners. Anyways hope I can bring something to the board and look forward to reading posts.
Regards
Mark

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 19-08-2013 12:54 PM

Welcomes to RobbieT and mmccull, just in time for York! Dessie

Hope you both enjoy the site Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 19-08-2013 02:35 PM

welcome to RobbieT and mmccull hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Honcho - 20-08-2013 11:21 AM

Hi Everybody,
Newbie on here and like to introduce myself.
My main interest is system betting,been betting since I was 16 and have now reached the tender age of 82.
The site looks good with a lot of sensible members contributing,hope I can add something to the site for the benefit of all.
Thanks to Ryor for allowing me to join the merry band.

Regards

H

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 20-08-2013 11:32 AM

Welcome in Honcho. We have quite a few seniors on here, and I could be wrong, but you're probably our most experienced racing person ever - we'll be expecting entire pearl necklaces of wisdom y'know! Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 20-08-2013 06:27 PM

welcome Honcho hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - TheBear - 23-09-2013 01:41 PM

Hello,
I'm Mark from Lancashire. I'm in my mid thirties and have been a fan of the jumps for a number of years now. I'm afraid I have little to no interest in the flat so you may not hear from me too much over the summer months. Hopefully I can make up for that with my opinions on other sports.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 23-09-2013 06:28 PM

welcome aboard Mark hope you enjoy this great forum look forward to your input especially in the jumps season
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 26-09-2013 04:17 AM

Welcome in TheBear and Farmrose, happy punting and apologies for not being on site much myself at the mo - mainly cos I'm spending huge amounts of time dealing with another site - the building site that is the house I'm involved in completely renovating! Icon_biggrin

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 26-09-2013 06:37 AM

Welcome Farmrose and Bear, best of luck !

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Honcho - 26-09-2013 10:50 AM

Welccome Farmrose and Bear.

H

RE: WELCOME everybody! - pbs27 - 05-10-2013 12:16 AM

Many thanks to Ryor for allowing me to join. I've had a quick look round and I'm most impressed.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 05-10-2013 12:55 AM

cheers pbs27 and a warm welcome aboard Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 05-10-2013 10:06 AM

welcome aboard pbs27 hope you enjoy the forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - pbs27 - 05-10-2013 10:25 AM

Thank you - I am looking forward to a fun and profitable relationship! but I've got to go to work shortly so I can't really get involved today.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 09-10-2013 05:59 PM

welcome Blackknight hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Slaps1973 - 09-10-2013 08:32 PM

Glad to see you here Icon_smile Thumbs and look forward to your contribution Sunny

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Tractorboy - 09-10-2013 09:37 PM

A warm welcome to the new members. Hope you all enjoy your time here. I recognise some from elsewhere Icon_wink

Like Ryor, I've not been around for a while - my excuse is work / holiday. Will get back into the swing of things in the very near future with NH starting to buzz.

Good luck all. Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - TopCat - 04-11-2013 09:00 PM

Delighted to be welcomed to this forum. It's going to take me ages to read all (or most!) of what's here but have been impressed by what I've seen so far.
I plan to post my daily bets (don't blame me!). They have been profitable in the past and hopefully they will be in the future. Hoping we can make some money and have some fun.

p.s. Not very likely to find 66/1 winners though.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 05-11-2013 01:14 PM

welcome aboard TopCat and g.luck with you bets
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 05-11-2013 05:54 PM

Good luck TC !!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Honcho - 06-11-2013 12:10 PM

Welcome Topcat......Thumbs

H

RE: WELCOME everybody! - nelson2303 - 04-12-2013 07:37 AM

Hi All - I'm Steve and I've been living here in New Zealand for 5 years, love New Zealand but really miss a day at the races back in the UK. Many thanks to Ryor for allowing me access to this site, will try and contribute as and when possible. I've a great knack of picking losers so apologies in advance guys Icon_smile

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 04-12-2013 09:53 AM

welcome aboard Nelson hope you enjoy this friendly forum and g.luck
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Toby222 - 08-01-2014 12:45 AM

Just joined the forum and still finding my way around at present. Finding some cracking threads to read and catch up on.

Cheers here's to a profitable 2014

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 13-01-2014 05:48 AM

Welcome in Toby Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 17-01-2014 04:18 PM

bit late but welcome aboard Toby222
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - kmarritt - 30-01-2014 11:52 PM

Well done for getting this all of the ground and keeping it going for 5 years. As a newbie, I am really looking forward to participating.

(14-01-2010 08:27 PM)Ryor Wrote:  I started Group Racers in August 2008 as a trial at another site (which we have now outgrown) in the hope it would be a forum with a difference - simply a place where we could exchange knowledge, experience, information and tips on racing, in a fun and friendly environment, without the distraction of any kids from the playground. In our infancy we were small and private, with a membership totalling just 15.

Success brought confidence, and in July 2009 the members voted to open our doors and go public. Happily, that decision has proved a winner - we quadrupled our membership within four months, have added more since, and it's a pleasure to note that not one member has ever been disruptive since we started**. All of us have experienced the idiotic antics on other racing forums, and many, if not most, of our current members came here to escape it. That isn't to say we don't enjoy banter - the atmos has always been great - but we've been incredibly profitable too, and perhaps the absence of distracting kids has played a part in that. The aim is to continue to mutually benefit in terms of increasing our profits, whilst also sharing the highs and lows of punting in a peaceful and supportive atmosphere.

We will therefore be continuing with the same set of just 7 simple rules which have served us so well. Please note - one strike and you're out, pronto and permanently Toilet

1. No abuse or other playground stuff

2. No spamming

3. No plagiarism

4. No multiple IDs (members may not have more than one username on the site, and all name changes must be cleared with me first).

5. No member is permitted to own, run, manage or work for any sports-related subscription tipping service outside of GR. Exceptions may be made where these are for purely charitable purposes, but members must clear this with me first.

6. Members are of course free to circulate their own tips/info etc wherever they wish, but that of other members must not be given or posted elsewhere by anyone else.

7. All new members who visit the site 5 times or more in their first 2 months, must make at least 5 posts within those two months, otherwise their membership will be permanently cancelled. The posts do not have to be tips, but can be congrats, weather or going reports, ideas for systems, good wishes for other members' selections etc. Thereafter, any
members who browse the site regularly will be expected to keep contributing regularly with their own posts on a similarly proportionate basis.

The thinking behind this is simply that many members put in several hours daily to come up with their stats, selections etc for the free benefit of anyone reading them, whilst others were to be seen surfing the board several times weekly but contributing nothing, not even giving a word of praise or thanks for the profits they were surely making from the tipsters putting the work in. This board is only in existence because of members who POST.

If any members have personal circumstances which mean they are unable to post for a lengthy period, they should let me know by PM or email, and they will be individually considered. Two members have done this in the past, and were exempted.

I am always open to ideas and suggestions for improvements Thumbs

Ryor/Yeats (Red Rum on old site)
Admin
Edit note - message updated 17/10/10

Update 13/3/10 - A note re my name changes:-

I think most people here knew that my name was Ryor on another board, but that I ditched it for 'RedRum' when starting Group Racers, in order not to leave a Google-able trail for the playground lot.

When we moved house to here from our old GR site, I changed to Yeats - but must say I've never felt at home with that, nor did I want to return to RedRum.
Therefore I've gone back to my original name, Ryor. I think we're strong enough now, 18 months on, to shrug off any unwanted attentions from the playground kids Icon_smile

**Update 26/9/13 There have actually now been two, both given the boot - one for deliberately insulting another member and refusing to apologise; one for spamming a fee-charging tipping "service". Plus one banned for multi-ID-ing. However, 3 in 5 years doesn't seem too bad a record!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 31-01-2014 10:17 AM

welcome aboard Kmarritt hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - oppa58 - 18-02-2014 12:40 AM

Hi, my first post,just to say I think this is the place for me. I only bet in AW Handicaps of 10+ runners,so no racing for me tomorrow.I loved reading the posts for the multibet (went through every emotion with the posts).Hope to post some selections Weds.Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 18-02-2014 02:47 AM

(18-02-2014 12:40 AM)oppa58 Wrote:  Hi, my first post,just to say I think this is the place for me. I only bet in AW Handicaps of 10+ runners,so no racing for me tomorrow.I loved reading the posts for the multibet (went through every emotion with the posts).Hope to post some selections Weds.Thumbs

Welcome aboard Oppa and particularly to our world of multibets Thumbs Will be good to have another AW player here too - NH horses seem to be in a current state of genetically developing flipper hoof extensions Dessie

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 18-02-2014 11:50 PM

welcome aboard Oppa hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Lozzer - 19-05-2014 06:40 AM

Thanks for the invite guys - hopefully I can bring something to the forum - I run a few laying systems and currently trialling a few other backing systems, mainly for fun but do win now and again (well thats I tell the wife!).

I run a couple of little businesses and hence travel quite a lot but hopefully can contribute when on my travels.

I'll spend sometime catching up on the numerous threads, in the meantime happy betting and good luck to all

cheers
Lozzer (Chris)

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmccull - 19-05-2014 06:45 AM

Good morning and Welcome to the forum Chris. Great little forum and plenty of interesting posts..

Thumbs

Mark

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 19-05-2014 02:58 PM

a warm welcome aboard Chris hope you enjoy this very friendly forum and have g.luck
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Lane - 20-05-2014 12:34 PM

A few names sound very famliar
Good to be back
I hope i can bring something new to the forum

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 20-05-2014 01:03 PM

Good to see you back Lane (for those who weren't here then, Lane was a member many years ago, before we opened our doors to a wider membership) and an equally warm welcome to new member Lozzer Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Lozzer - 20-05-2014 07:58 PM

good to see you again Lane ;)

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmccull - 20-05-2014 10:44 PM

A warm welcome Lane... You will like it Im sure

Thumbs
Mark

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 21-05-2014 10:33 PM

welcome Lane good to have you aboard
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Flemenstar - 14-12-2014 04:10 AM

Just like to say a big hello to everyone, & a big thank you to Ryor & co for having me.

Regards

Flemenstar

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 14-12-2014 02:32 PM

(14-12-2014 04:10 AM)Flemenstar Wrote:  Just like to say a big hello to everyone, & a big thank you to Ryor & co for having me.

Regards

Flemenstar

Welcome aboard Flemenstar, particularly to another night-owl apparently! Thumb

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 18-12-2014 05:53 PM

welcome aboard Flemenstar hope you enjoy this v friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - TopCat - 11-03-2015 12:39 AM

Welcome Flemenstar and I really hope to see your namesake back in action this year. Some fantastic performances when he rattled up the 7 timer.
Top Cat

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Dibble - 05-05-2015 12:48 AM

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and to thank Ryor for letting me join , seems like a great forum from what i've seen

Cheers

Dibble

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 05-05-2015 07:37 AM

welcome aboard hope you enjoy the forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Dibble - 07-05-2015 01:05 AM

Cheers Tez Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - michael1 - 11-06-2015 09:50 AM

Have not yet looked through any of the threads, but look forward to digesting all the info, and hopefully adding my own help and assistance where asked . Am more interested in horse racing but like football,cricket and F1 and most sports really. I live in Kent am married with two children and three granchildren and work as a warehouseman, can't think of anything else that you may want to know about me so will leave it at that for now, apart from and thanks for having me here.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Honcho - 11-06-2015 11:15 AM

Welcome aboard Michael 1
Thumbs

H

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 11-06-2015 11:16 PM

welcome Michael1 hope you enjoy this friendly forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - michael1 - 11-06-2015 11:56 PM

Thanks for the welcome looks good

RE: WELCOME everybody! - hit22 - 29-10-2015 02:03 AM

Hello everyone. Thanks Ryor for letting me join. Have not looked at any threads yet,but can't wait to do that. Little bit about me: I have been betting on horse racing and football for a good 15 years now,thought I had made it at first,then soon the long losing runs multiplied.Took some time off betting.I spent few years learning more about the game,paper trading and for the past 3 years now,am betting to very small stakes. I concentrate now more on class 2 and above. I hope to make some useful contribution to the site and to learn more from you all.

hit22

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 29-10-2015 02:17 PM

Welcome aboard hit22, this is certainly a great place to learn more (well I do almost every time I nip in!) Looking forward to your contributions Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 06-11-2015 04:26 PM

welcome hit22, hope you enjoy this forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - luckypunt - 22-05-2016 04:11 AM

Hi everyone.
Seems this is a lovely forum and its great being here.
Im based in Zimbabwe and i love horse racing. I mainly bet for fun.
I like UK, South Africa, Hong Kong and Kranji racing. Im not a great tipster but i fancy more of roughie odds.
Good day to ALL

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 22-05-2016 01:00 PM

Hi Luckypunt - thanks for the kind comments :)

Good to see you here, welcome aboard Thumbs

I think you're our first ever member to be based in Africa. I know nothing about racing in South Africa or Zimbabwe, so look forward to hearing about those. Also, what is Kranji racing please?! if you have time, an explanation in the main (Daily Racing) section would be most welcome Icon_biggrin

As we've already had members in the USA, Canada, Australia and Eastern Europe, I think we can now call ourselves global!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - luckypunt - 23-05-2016 07:29 PM

Ryor Kranji racing its Singapore.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - RomfordRacer - 15-06-2016 01:53 AM

Hi all,

Buzzing to be here. And what a time to start! Royal Ascot!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 15-06-2016 02:11 AM

A warm welcome to you Rommy Thumbs Very much looking forward to your previews - and it's particularly good to have another ITFC fan on here - I suspect there'll be many a long month ahead when moral support will be needed!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - RomfordRacer - 15-06-2016 02:33 AM

(15-06-2016 02:11 AM)Ryor Wrote:  A warm welcome to you Rommy Thumbs Very much looking forward to your previews - and it's particularly good to have another ITFC fan on here - I suspect there'll be many a long month ahead when moral support will be needed!

Cheers R

Very happy to be here. Where do previews have to be posted? Don't want to put it into the wrong part

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Dibble - 15-06-2016 09:48 AM

just seen these welcome to the site Lucky Punt and RR

i like rating the SA racing Lucky Punt , tho doesnt seem much interest o stopped posting

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 15-06-2016 11:40 AM

(15-06-2016 02:33 AM)RomfordRacer Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 02:11 AM)Ryor Wrote:  A warm welcome to you Rommy Thumbs Very much looking forward to your previews - and it's particularly good to have another ITFC fan on here - I suspect there'll be many a long month ahead when moral support will be needed!

Cheers R

Very happy to be here. Where do previews have to be posted? Don't want to put it into the wrong part

Just in the main forum Rommy - ie 'Daily Racing' :)

Dibs - sorry, just not had the time lately to give that thread the attention it deserves :/

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Chester2391 - 06-07-2016 08:43 PM

Hi to everyone,
I like to say thanks to Ryor for letting me join this site .. I hope to put some input soon ... Just looking at the footie // So come on WALES //
All The Best Of Luck To All.
Chester

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 12-07-2016 09:25 PM

Hiya Chester, very good to see you here, and sorry about the rather belated welcome - guess I was distracted by your instant impact in the main forum, with the lovely winners you've already tipped! 7/2, 25/1 and 9/1 in your first handful of posts iirc Cup

Wales weren't too shabby either!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Kentucky - 30-08-2016 10:47 AM

Hi everyone,
Thanks for letting me join in.
I am a Dane, living in Denmark, very pedigree orientated in my interest of the Sport, I have practical knowledge about riding, training (both professionally) and breeding. My bets are small and I try to find bets on unfavored horses.

Hope I can contribute as well enjoy on the site.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 31-08-2016 08:59 AM

welcome to the this very friendly forum Kentucky I'll look forward to your posts
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 02-09-2016 08:54 PM

(30-08-2016 10:47 AM)Kentucky Wrote:  Hi everyone,
Thanks for letting me join in.
I am a Dane, living in Denmark, very pedigree orientated in my interest of the Sport, I have practical knowledge about riding, training (both professionally) and breeding. My bets are small and I try to find bets on unfavored horses.

Hope I can contribute as well enjoy on the site.

Welcome aboard Kentucky - I share your liking for small bets & longer priced horses! plus the breeding side of things.

What was your role in training if you don't mind me asking?

RE: WELCOME everybody! - jackbrown - 15-02-2018 06:29 PM

Hi all

Thanks Ryor for letting me join in

I live in Wales and follow most sports. Had 9 years working with Ladbrokes but now very much on the other side. Looking forward to working with you guys to add what I can to discussions and ideas. I'm only a small interest bettor but enjoy the crack of beating the book and maybe taking a few quid along the way.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 15-02-2018 07:38 PM

Welcome in Jack - will be really interesting to hear something of how it is on the other side of the counter! And I'm sure DavidW will be delighted to have another Wales supporter (?) aboard!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmccull - 15-02-2018 07:42 PM

Welcome Jack
Look forward to your posts.

Mark

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Lozzer - 15-02-2018 08:12 PM

Welcome aboard Jack!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - jackbrown - 15-02-2018 08:32 PM

Thanks both,

I been following Wales and Newport County since the late 70's. So very much a Welsh supporter :)

Jack Brown was the first bookie that i worked for before they were taken on by Ladbrokes. I worked for Ladbrokes on a regional basis but got out in 2012 and now work in the Steel Industry. So i have a little insight to how they operate.

Colin

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 17-02-2018 09:28 AM

welcome aboard this v. friendly forum Jack look forward to your posts
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - PerseusP - 28-02-2018 05:34 PM

Hello Everyone

Thank you to Ryor for letting me join.

I'm a racing enthusiast with a passion for stats and ratings. I'm very much looking forward to contributing what I can. Good lu k everyone.

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 28-02-2018 06:51 PM

Welcome aboard Perseus - plenty here who share your enthusiasm for stats & ratings! and I see that like me, you may be of the slightly superstitious school when wishing g'l & trying to avoid commentators' curse! haha Thumbs

RE: WELCOME everybody! - jackbrown - 28-02-2018 06:54 PM

Welcome Perseus .. enjoy your stay

RE: WELCOME everybody! - mmccull - 28-02-2018 07:09 PM

Welcome aboard PP

Mark

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 28-02-2018 10:01 PM

Welcome to the forum Perseus

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 03-03-2018 04:50 PM

bit late but a warm welcome to this forum
tez

RE: WELCOME everybody! - FelipeMoraes - 04-03-2018 06:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

First of all I would like to thank Ryor for the opportunity to participate in the forum, navigating a bit through the community is visible the quality and seriousness of the group and I am happy to be here.
I am a passionate about horse racing, a beginner in betting daily seeking to learn and contribute with what little I know.

Sorry if the spelling contains any errors, because I am Brazilian and English is not my native language.

Thank you all

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 04-03-2018 07:28 PM

Hello Felipe, and a warm welcome aboard Easy

Believe me, your English is a lot better than some of our English members' English has been over the years! haha Thumbs

We were all beginners at some point - I'm almost a beginner myself, compared with the many people here who have a wealth of knowledge acquired over a lifetime. If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to ask - I'm sure an answer won't be far away Icon_smile

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Clogger - 26-05-2018 12:23 AM

Hi all, Neil here (or Niels, hence the Clogger username!)

Another sad and long suffering Ipswich fan here ... likes Northern Jumps and the odd sporting bet... have owned 22 Greyhounds in my time but only have my retired one now, games dead so cannot see me having anymore!

cheers
:-)

RE: WELCOME everybody! - Ryor - 26-05-2018 05:16 AM

Welcome aboard Neil/Clogger, particularly pleased to have another ITFC supporter here ! Easy Wag tail

RE: WELCOME everybody! - wheatley - 26-05-2018 07:04 AM

good to see you on board Clogger, hopefully the tractor boys won't appoint chris coleman to prolong the suffering !!

RE: WELCOME everybody! - tezza1948 - 26-05-2018 08:27 AM

a warm welcome aboard this very friendly forum Clogger
tez