Group Racers
Boxing - Alvarez v Chavez Jr - Printable Version

+- Group Racers (http://www.groupracers.co.uk)
+-- Forum: OTHER SPORTS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: All others (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Boxing - Alvarez v Chavez Jr (/showthread.php?tid=11265)

Boxing - Alvarez v Chavez Jr - Dibble - 07-05-2017 04:16 AM

Really looking forward to this one , and following so soon after the Joshua / Klitschko fight it seems as tho Christmas and my birthday have all come at once Icon_smile

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr was one of my favourites when i was growing up and boxing , and he is still one of my faves to this day and i would really like to see his son win this but i just cant see it , Alvarez comes into this on the back of two KOs in his last two fights , Amir Khan last year and Liam Smith back in September , he has awesome punching power with 34 KOs from his 50 fights , his only defeat came at the hands of Floyd Mayweather and for me is probably one of the best fighters in the world at the moment. Chavez Jr is not to be under estimated , he has won 50 of his 53 fights (with 32 of those by way of knockout , so he;s no slouch in that department either) and if on song certainly has a chance as he has a height and reach advantage which can certainly cuse Alvarez problems and as i said possesses knockout power of his own , but has suffered from ill discipline and weight problems in the past so it all depends on which Chavez Jr turns up , if the 'right' Chavez turns up i can see a real humdinger of a fight . Alvarez has been fighting some of the best around though whilst Chavez Jr hasnt really been up against world class fighters of late. I wouldnt write Chavez off but for me it has to be Alvarez , by knockout or stoppage in one of the middle to late rounds (altho with the punching power these have an early stoppage from either wouldnt come as a surprise) after wearing his opponent down. And then after taking this can come the fight we all want to see Alvarez v Gennady Golovkin praying

So for me Alvarez to win by knockout / tko , round 6 onwards

RE: Boxing - Alvarez v Chavez Jr - Dibble - 07-05-2017 05:22 AM

Very disappointing fight imo , Alvarez schooled Chavez who didnt seem as tho he wanted to be there ! Alvarez on points

RE: Boxing - Alvarez v Chavez Jr - Dibble - 10-05-2017 02:53 AM

and its on Alvarez v Golovkin , yes yes yes ... probably the best two pound for pound fighters in the world right now ... cant wait